Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Veterans Day

Happy belated Veterans Day Dadthzs,

I don't think you're technically a Veteran, but we are celebrating you anyway. 

On the actual Veterans Day (Saturday), we had a gorgeous day here at Camp Carnelian.  JuJu and Brett worked on cutting up a few trees, and Summer and I got to supervise.  Here is a picture of me supervising (my work is NEVER done, even on the weekends):



The best part of the day was when a group of four WWII fighter planes kept circling over the lake.  They flew in formation, they let off a bunch of smoke trails, then they finished with a missing man formation.  We all stopped our project to watch them, and were reminded (with goosebumps) of all who have gone before us to give us freedom to truly be free people: to worship God without fear of being killed for our beliefs; the rights for all men AND women to vote;  the safety to cut up some wood in our backyard without the sound of war just down the street.  We are so blessed as a nation of free people.  Thank you (and all) for your service to give us freedom.

Switching gears:  (How do you really transition from Freedom to puppies?  That's a tough one)

JuJu forgot to get a picture of me and Kasey's new sister Bailey on Sunday when we watched the Packers vs. Bears with them.  Bailey is about the size of my head, and she is really revved up for about 5 minutes, then she sleeps for 20 minutes.  Then rinse and repeat.  JuJu told me I was a really good boy with the little puppy.  I figured if she got too out of hand, I could always sit on her.  But she was actually pretty good, so I let her play with me.  Here is her picture, by herself, until I can get my picture taken with her.


I miss you Dadthzs, but I'm doing really well.  No complaints here at Camp.  We have lots of action at work and at Camp, so I'm pretty tired at the end of the day.  But it's a good tired.  In fact, I snore so loud some nights that Brett turns on the fan to drown me out.  

Hey - I almost forgot!  JuJu renamed her new car after me:  It's now called "The Brubaru"  HA!

Love,
BruMan

No comments:

Post a Comment