Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Boys vs. Girls (I'll take the girls any day!)

Spring has sprung at Camp, Dadthzs!

And it's about dang time!

Friday night, we hosted dinner for Dr. Jay, his new GF (Shanna), and Jay's furkid named Monte.  I think Monte is the first boy dog that has been to Camp since I arrived back in July.  It never dawned on me that all of my play dates have been with the ladies, except that one time we went to Blaine to play with Tobey (Summer's brother) and when we walk across the street at Tucker's.  All the dogs on our road walk are girls (except for Cruiser and he hardly counts - he's what Brett calls "musky bait").  I've become accustomed to the enviable role of Big Man On Campus, and frankly when Monte arrived I wasn't a big fan.  First of all, Monte is a Pudle Pointer and he moves with lightning speed.  Too fast and too much action for me.  Second, he's a close talker and doesn't respect normal space boundaries around my face.  The first hour he was at Camp, I barked at him, got up in his grill, showed him who's boss, and even gave my best tough-guy growl.  Monte tried to play with me a few times, but I had none of it.  I stood my ground and took charge of the situation, which included bringing quite a few of JuJu's shoes to the bar area downstairs.  It's my job to defend my home turf.  By the time we went to bed Friday night, I was exhausted.  I'll take the girls any day! (Quick shout outs to: Elli, Kasey, Bailey, Stella, Mo, Agate, Reece, Rocie, Winnie, Izzy, Maggie, DeMazy, Abel and the late Phoebe for being such cool chicks).  If I forgot a cool chick in my shout out, I know I'll be in the dog house.  Obviously my cousin Summer goes without saying.


This past weekend the sun came out and the air warmed up to the mid-60's so that the snow from the blizzard the weekend before could finally start to melt.  We spent the rest of the weekend outside and it was awesome.  There is still 24" of ice all the way across the lake, so we continued to use the lake for our walks.  It's much easier, cleaner and safer than the road.  

On Sunday we did something fun and new:  We went for a city walk downtown Stillwater.  JuJu needed bird seed, so we got to tag along to the Farm Store.  We walked and talked and gawked our way through downtown, sniffing all kinds of people/dogs/kids in strollers.  It was pretty cool to get out with the crowds and experience something new.  The Farm Store is dog friendly, which means not only do they have a water bowl on their front steps, we got to go INSIDE the store and the nice lady gave us treats.  When we got home, we helped fill the bird feeders, and got to feel the warmth of the sun in contrast with the cool ground on our bellies.  Spring is the BEST!


The countdown is ON for ice-out.  I can't wait to get back on the pontoon.  I miss the open water, the breeze in my face, and Floatillas.  

Love,
BMOC


No comments:

Post a Comment