Wednesday, August 16, 2017

I spent my first paycheck

Hi Dadthzs,

I got my first paycheck last Friday and I'm learning that can be a good thing, and a bad thing.  I haven't had to learn budgeting or money management until now, since you always provided for me. I still can't believe they pay me to greet people at Autumn - it's the best job I could ever dream of.  The pay for the weekend counseling job is sub-par for how hard I work, but when I balance the two jobs out, it's still a good gig overall.  So the good thing is, I'm earning!  The bad thing is, I'm spending!

Friday night after work, JuJu showed me how to shop on Amazon.com and I ordered myself a new bed. Summer has a Tempurpedic bed that I really like, but she doesn't like to share it much.  I ordered my own and had it shipped to the office so I could bring it home from work on Monday.  With all the exercise I'm getting, it sure feels nice to have a memory foam mattress to sleep on at night.  I even found a special deal on Amazon, and they shipped a free blanket (super soft) along with it.  I slept like a baby Monday & Tuesday night:



Highlight:  I also got to see Grandpa Bruce last week.  He came over all day Friday & he took Summer and me fishing on the pontoon. We spent a lot of time outside and just like I'd hoped, he noticed how well I navigate and balance on the dock, on the boat, and in the water.  Summer kind of acted up a little for Grandpa, and I told her she should be a better listener like me.  I am trying to mentor her on that, just like she's mentored me on lake living and managing a busy work and social calendar.  We are really becoming close friends and we are great for each other.

I got a lot of attention from Bruce and Gail Andrich this past weekend too.  They came to Camp Carnelian all the way from Milwaukee.  They pet me a lot and gave me a lot of love, and Summer and I did our best counseling and therapy work loving them back.  It was a win-win for everyone.

We have a mellow rest of the week and weekend ahead.  I'll talk to you next week.

Love you Dadthzs,

Bruiser

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic!!! I know I had a little trouble at first balancing earning and spending. You'll get the hang of it but I think you made a great first purchase and I'm glad to see you're taking care of yourself while also being considerate to Summer. That is, by not pushing her out of her bed. Amazon is pretty sweet too, isn't it? Your Dadthzs uses it all the time to get stuff he didn't realize he needed before coming up here.

    I'm so happy to hear you and Summer get along so well and she's your newest, bestest bud! You make me very proud and I can't wait to see you demonstrate your new skills when I come back to see you in October. I just bought my tickets today. I can't wait for you to show me around the neighborhood and to meet all of your new friends.

    Keep being a good boy. I miss you a lot!

    Love,
    Dadthzs

    ReplyDelete