Friday, August 18, 2017

My first Floatilla

Hi Dadthzs,

Last night I got to participate in my first Floatilla on the lake.  Here are some pictures, with commentary.

A Floatilla is when a bunch of boats connect with each other.  I hear the people call it "tie up".  Last night we tied up for Rob's birthday (Rob is my friend Kasey's dadthzs).  Here is Rob in the blue shirt. I think Dr. Cress in the green shirt thinks it's his birthday too.  (See what I mean now about how my weekend Counselor job is sometimes more time consuming than my full time week day job?)  You can see that I'm cautiously checking things out from my boat:



There were a lot of dogs on the Floatilla, and 2 of them were new friends.  They are sisters named Reece and Roci (Roci is pronounced "Rosie" and is short for Rociante, the name of Don Quixote's horse).  Reece didn't come off of her boat to say hi, but she is the little white dog on the picture above.  Roci, however, came over right away.  Roci is the same breed as Summer, just a horse of a different color (sorry, couldn't pass that up).  Roci tried to get fresh with me, then I tried to get fresh with her, but in the end we kept it strictly platonic.



I also got a lot of attention from Kasey's sister Ashley.  Ashley has watched Summer and me a few times when JuJu and Brett are gone too long.  She is really awesome and I love her a lot:


Last but not least - look at how my confidence grew from the cautious beginning of the night.  I actually climbed over the edge of my boat (with a little help) and over to the neighboring boat.  This is me on the Ripley's boat, out front without any safety gear.  My middle name is now "Danger":


I hope we have a few more Floatillas before the end of the season.  Last night was really fun!

Love, 
Bruiser "Danger" Bottolfson


No comments:

Post a Comment