Monday, January 8, 2018

A break from the deep freeze

Hi Dadthzs,

I finally got outside yesterday after 2 long weeks in the deep freeze!  Summer and I have had cabin fever really bad, and it felt so good to get outside.  Yesterday the temperature finally got to 20+something.  It felt like a heat wave, and I could actually take my time to go potty without freezing my noogies off.  (Oh wait, I don't have noogies anymore.  But if I had them, they would have been frozen the past 2 weeks).

Here we are, getting ready to go for our long walk on the lake:


We went for a 2 mile walk with Kasey & Bailey, and their parents, and Brett & JuJu.  Kasey's mom and dad found this awesome stuff on the internet called "Paw Wax" and it's designed for us red heads who get ice chunk build up in our paws.  Kasey shared some with me and it worked GREAT!  And way better than those embarrassing booties we tried a month ago.  I made it 2 miles and only had to stop 2-3 times to quickly pick at my paws.  Here we are on our walk:


Bailey is 4 months old now, and she has the energy to try and keep up with Summer and Kasey.  I just hang back, patient.  Slow and steady wins the race.  Halfway through the walk, Bailey slowed down and hung with me and we kept a pretty similar pace.  What a great day!

We also spent some time outside, burning boxes, shoveling the rink, and just goofing off.  I slept like a rock last night.  The fresh air did me good.

I am really looking forward to seeing you this weekend Dadthzs!  I can't believe how fast the first half of your assignment has gone.  I know after this trip I won't see you again until June, but I think it will go pretty fast if I can stay active and busy.  There is always some action at Camp, and work is keeping me busy too.  I just miss you a bunch and can't wait to see you.

Love,
Bru

No comments:

Post a Comment