Monday, January 22, 2018

Somewhere on a beach

Dadthzs,

I know you're somewhere on a beach right now, enjoying a break from the darkness and cold of your post in Thule.  I hope you are enjoying the sun and warmth.  Things have significantly warmed up here too, and we took full advantage of that this past weekend.

Saturday morning we got a weekend camper added to the roster - my friend Stella Matchey.  I first met Stella on New Years Eve this year, but JuJu didn't get a picture of her at that party.  As soon as Stella got to Camp on Saturday morning, we headed out to walk the lake with Kasey and Bailey.  We had a blast and walked 3.65 miles.  I did really well, especially considering we haven't been walking much lately in this bitter cold.  Here's all 5 of us with JuJu:


Both Summer and I had to take some Rimadyl Saturday afternoon, but it was worth it. 

Saturday night we had some Church with Stella (and Kasey too):



It's so nice when you have friends you can just be yourself with.  You know how much I love Kasey, and Stella is really a nice friend too.  She gives me just the right amount of attention and just the right amount of space.  Dadthzs, it was pretty funny all of us sleeping in JuJu and Brett's bedroom Saturday night. It was truly like camping.  Wait, kinda like Glamping actually.  We did great!

Sunday morning we were back on the lake and walked another 3 miles.  I try to introduce myself to all of the people out there as we walk by.  It feels so good to get fresh air and exercise!  

Sunday night we had friends over to watch the Vikings game.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

We are supposed to get a snow-nami today.  The weather geeks are guessing 4-12".  Summer and I stayed home from work today since Brett will be back to the home office by 12:00.  JuJu didn't want to take us out in the Brubaru if she didn't have to.  I'll keep you posted if we actually get some good snow totals.  It will make your time in the sun feel that much more special.

Love you Dadthzs,
Bru



No comments:

Post a Comment