Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year from Camp Carnelian, where it's been so cold we haven't walked in a week!  Dadthzs, I can barely go potty without freezing my paws.  Summer and I have cabin fever so bad, and so do Brett and JuJu.  We've been cooped up inside and we are all dying to get out and get some fresh air.  It looks like we have a few more days to wait.  I am hoping for some really good walks this weekend when the temps are supposed to be back above zero.

So, what do we do at Camp when it's too cold to go outside?  We EAT!  And we DRINK!  And we wear the same sweat pants for 3 days in a row.  Ew, that sounds gross doesn't it?  Nobody said Camp was glamorous.  We are in survival mode.

On New Years Eve we had some friends over for games and appetizers.  It was really fun because Stella came over (JuJu forgot to get a picture of us) so we had 3 furkids, 4 teenagers & 6 adults.  We played games all night while we snacked.  Since this is my first NYE at Camp, I had no clue that NYE is a marathon, not a sprint.  Here is the evolution of my night:

10:30pm:  Already you can see, I'm down for the count.  The Walsh girls were so great to me & gave me lots of attention.  But I couldn't keep my eyes open any more.  (PS:  the Walsh girls are Colleen's kids - remember Colleen?  She was JuJu and Jill's 3rd sister growing up)


12:18am:  Happy New Year!  I am celebrating with my eyes closed.



Monday mid-morning (New Years Day):  Clearly, I had too much tequila!!  And no one offered me a Bloody Mary, so I napped.


Monday (New Years Day) we had put a brisket on the Big Green Egg the night before and it slow cooked all night.  Pastor John Cheese coached Brett through his first attempt on his own - making a brisket outside overnight when it's minus 18 is pretty tricky.  

When the humans were done eating, Pastor John conducted a church service for me, Summer and Elli Bleu.  That brisket was really delicious!!  We hadn't been to church with Pastor John Cheese in quite a while, so it tasted extra good in my opinion. 


So we closed 2017 on a cold note, but with a lot of warmth in our hearts, as we are grateful for our friends and family who help us get through cabin fever.  As we start 2018, on an equally cold note, I am looking forward to some walks on the lake pretty soon (Kasey's mom found some paw wax we are going to try), and I am also looking forward to seeing you soon when you come home again to visit.  

Until then, I've got my nose back to the grindstone at work.  It's certainly way better than being lazy on the couch all day!  

Happy New Year!!

Bruiser


No comments:

Post a Comment