Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Camp Cottonwood Cruisin'

Hi Dadthzs,

Here at Camp Cottonwood, things are a little sticky.  The whole backyard at Camp is exclusively Cottonwood trees and right now they are dropping two things as they bud:  1.  These soft fuzzy wormy looking things (no biggie); and 2.  These small almond shaped sticky things about the size of a nickel.

Guess which item LOVES my soft fur on my belly? 
     (Answer:  the sticky things)

Guess what I did pretty much the whole weekend?
     (Answer:  lay on my belly in the backyard, supervising more yard work and boat washing)

Guess who has an entire underside of matted sticky fur?
     (Answer:  ME!  And while I'm not fond of the constant picking by JuJu, I'd still rather be outside          in the yard, in the action, so I'm putting up with it)

Camp Cottonwood is not my favorite.  BUT, Camp Carnelian is!  We are finally back in action on the open water and I love it!!

Last night we had our inaugural cruise around the lake.  We got the pontoon on the water last Thursday, anticipating that my cousin Ryan would like some rides on his sleepover night Friday.  As it turns out, Ryan just wanted to sit on the boat with his fuzzy blanket and enjoy the fresh air.  So the boat stayed parked until last night when we we took Jane Marcotte on a booze cruise after dinner.  Jane is the lady who sold Camp Carnelian to Brett & JuJu, and I am very grateful for her giving them the opportunity to keep the Camp booming with activity.  Plus, Jane fawns over me quite a bit, which never gets old.

Here is a photo play-by-play of our cruise, with commentary.

Here we are, just getting started.  We still don't have the lift in, so Brett had to position the boat carefully so I could walk on without risking falling in.  The water temp is about 50.  Too cold for me! Actually, you can ask Brett what happens when 50 degree water goes over the top of your chest waders.  (Hint:  There are men who can sing soprano!)


Next, we eased into what Brett calls the "Ram Air" position.  Noses pointed up wind, catching all the spring smells.  So awesome!


Finally, about halfway around the lake I remembered how we left off last Fall.  My sea legs knew what to do and Bruiser "Danger" Bottolfson was back!  With total confidence.



I understand that I've got about a month left at Camp until you come back.  I can't wait to see you!  I overheard there might be a retirement party for me at Autumn, and I think they are also planning a party for me at Camp.  Stay tuned for more updates.

Living the Dangerous Life and Loving it,

Bruiser






No comments:

Post a Comment