Monday, May 21, 2018

Chevy

Hi Dadthzs,

I am excited to introduce my final Camp project. I am confident in my ability to show strong leadership skills during the last 3 weeks at Camp.  This is where working out everyday & eating right will help me keep up and show this young kid the ropes.

Please welcome, Chevy Strobel! My new cousin!  He's a Golden, like me.  I don't even mind that he got all the attention last night - it's hard to compete with a puppy that is so stinkin' cute, even when I have the BMOC swagger going for me.  I politely introduced myself, and then I just kept an eye on the whole family the rest of the night.  I especially watched the pool to make sure Chevy didn't get too close and fall in while Ryan was swimming.  You know me Dadthzs, always protecting.



It's hard to believe you will be back in 3 weeks.  Time stood still when you left.  Suddenly, somehow, a year has passed.  I look back and read my earliest blog posts, and back then a year seemed like an eternity.  But, I rallied and adjusted to Camp life: I got a new routine, made new friends, got a job, and used God's special gifts that He gave uniquely to me to try and make a difference.  I don't want to get all misty eyed writing this today, but as I look back at this past year, I am proud of myself.  I do believe I've made a difference.  I believe I was a key part of making good memories, and I sure had a lot of great times.  Heck, I even learned to swim after all these years, and I got back to church on a regular basis.  It's only fitting that I get to wrap up Camp life by getting young Chevy off on the right paw.

You can even see my confidence in the way I ride on the boat now versus when I arrived at Camp.  No fear & no shaky legs now.  Just straight up cool guy swagger.  This was last night on the Boyts new boat:


I'll write one more time before you come home Dadthzs.  I can't wait to see you!  

Misty eyed and blaming it on the pollen,

Bru


No comments:

Post a Comment