Monday, December 4, 2017

A visit to see Dr. Jay + I met more new friends

Hey Dadthzs,

Don't be super alarmed by the title of today's blog post.  I AM OK!!

Let's start with today's trip to see Dr. Jay. 

Yesterday, JuJu noticed that I kept shaking my head side to side, flapping my ears.  She looked in my ears with a flashlight (I don't know why I'm so scared of that, but I really don't like it), and then dug around in my ears a little with a paper towel.  Not much came out, so she thought maybe I had a little spider bite or something.  Then today, I started out in the morning with a lot of head shaking and ear flapping so she knew it was something more.  Brett came & picked me up on my lunch hour and took me to see Dr. Jay.  I was immediately diagnosed with a double ear infection.  (So much for JuJu's spider bite diagnosis - she should just stick to being the treat dispenser.)  Now how in the world would I get that when I haven't been swimming in at least 2 months?  I haven't shown any signs of discomfort.  Maybe I'm tougher than these people give me credit for?   Now I have to get a nightly treatment of Automax squirted in my ears, before bed.  Brett is an expert at administering it because Summer has an ear infection all the time.  But this is going to involve more hands around my head, which I don't like at all.  I hope JuJu bought some good treats to get me through this.


Friday night I met Winnie, Izzy & Maggie.  They all belong to the Sandberg clan.  Summer has known Winnie & Izzy for a few years (in fact, Summer stayed overnight at their house when JuJu and B came out to Washington DC for your promotion ceremony).  Maggie is the newest addition, and Summer hadn't met her before either.  Here is the best picture JuJu could get with all 5 of us at the same time.  Auntie Shelley is giving us treats to keep us still.


Maggie is the black dog on the right.  She is only 7-8 months old and she came from an Indian reservation in North Dakota (hey, wasn't I born in North Dakota too?).  They called her a "rescue".  After getting to know her a little, I learned that she never got any love or any regular food her whole life prior to being rescued.  She had to sleep outside and didn't know where her next meal would come from.  She is still pretty skinny, but Dadthzs her heart is as big as mine!  She is a real love bug.  I think I figured out that "rescue" means she gets a new opportunity to use her gifts to bless others. 

The next red dog to the left is Winnie.  She is a rescue too. She is a really fast runner & was really nice and welcoming to me.  I think she's the quiet boss of the house. 

The white dog is Izzy.  She's an English Cream Retriever, so I think that means we must be relatives somehow.  She is really pretty, and she's super soft like me too. 

Then there's me!  Look how patiently I'm waiting for my turn.  Shelley has good treats & I was trying to make a good first impression.

Then you have Summer in the back row.  She's on her own program, and she likes to have her own space.  Some would call that a Diva, but she's my bud so I wouldn't say that (out loud).

So, Friday night the fur kids out numbered the humans 5:4.  The Sandbergs even let me sneak up on their couch after supper.  They are really good hosts.

Yesterday it was auntie Jill's birthday and we hosted the party at Camp Carnelian.  Jill invited 2 families they are real close with - The Guzzo's and the Brunette's - along with B and then the 4 of us who live at Camp.  I had already met the Guzzo's at Ryan's birthday party, so they gave me a warm and familiar welcome.  My 2 new friends are Andrew and Lorie Brunette, and guess what Dadthzs!  Lorie came with treats for me!!  She told JuJu in advance how excited she was to meet me.  The Brunette's lost their beloved Simon this year when he went to heaven.  I heard he looked a lot like me and he acted a lot like me too.  I keep hearing the word "swagger" when they talk about Simon.  I bet he and I would have been great friends.  We would have been the dynamic duo of "Swagger and Big Pimpin'".  The ladies wouldn't have had a chance!! I got a lot of attention from Miss Lorie.  She even sat on the hard wood floor just to be next to me.  Wow, I felt really special. 

Super fun weekend, and now we face another work week ahead.  Today's high temperature is almost record setting at 58 degrees.  By this time tomorrow the "feels like" temperature is going to be 5.  Yep.  Single digit 5.  JuJu gave me the furminator treatment yesterday & took out a lot of my soft undercoat.  I hope that wasn't a mistake.  I need function more than fashion now the rest of the winter. 

Hey, I almost forgot!  I got another new nickname.  Elli Bleu calls me "Little Boy Bru".  Elli is bringing Jodi over for dinner tonight.  I'm excited to see them both.

Love,

Your little boy Bru



No comments:

Post a Comment