Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Holiday decorating, SNOW SUCKS, and Christmas lists

Hi Dadthzs,

I want to start by letting you know I'm feeling much better after almost a week of medicine in my ears.  Getting that stuff squirted in my ears was so gross and irritating, but it sure made me feel better quick.  I'm back to 100%.

Last Sunday, when the Packers were getting their fannies handed to them by Cleveland (until Q4), JuJu decided she was going to put some Christmas decorations up around the house.  Little did I realize how much exercise that would be for me.  JuJu went downstairs to get a box out of the closet, and I followed her downstairs.  JuJu brought the box upstairs to unpack, and I followed her back up.  Over and over and over until I finally figured out I could save myself some effort and park my butt on the landing.  I never got too far away from JuJu and the action after that.  (Plus I can see the popcorn machine from where I'm sitting, and that's never a bad thing)


We've still been walking a lot. In fact last weekend we did 2 walks per day for about 7.5 miles total on the weekend.  We have snow now & my paws get all packed when we walk through the field at Tucker's house.  A week ago, Brett bought me some nice/rugged boots but I had those kicked off my paws in the first 1/4 mile.  So that didn't help.  Now that I've got a solid week of snow walking behind me, it's getting easier.  On Thanksgiving, Grandpa Bruce told JuJu not to baby me & get me boots.  I think Grandpa's words were "he needs to toughen up."  Well, I'm getting tougher Dadthzs - and I'm learning to quickly pick the snowballs out of my paws so I don't fall too far behind on our walks.  Kasey told me she has the same problem and gave me tips on how to dig it out.  Kasey is a great friend.

Less than 2 weeks to my birthday & Christmas!  I'm getting my fluff & puff on 12/22 so I'll be looking super sharp and fresh for both events.  Did you get my list to walk down to Santa?  In the event that it missed the last flight, here is a quick recap.  (Auntie Jill also asked for this list - I think I'm getting presents from her too!)


  • Treats
    • Zukes chicken filets are my favorite
    • Greenies
    • Bully stick
    • I tried some new salmon treats & really liked them 
  • Stuffed animal (I have torn up snake & skunk, as well as a penguin & sheep that Summer got last year)
It's kind of sad that I can't think of anything more for my list.  I have more than most dogs, and this time of year I feel bad for other dogs who don't have a warm & safe place to live, or people to love on them everyday.  I think about my new friend Maggie Sandberg who spent most of her life outside competing with mean dogs for food and a place to take short naps, when I get fed twice a day PLUS treats and sleep on a Tempurpedic bed.  I am beyond blessed to have so many people in my life who love me & tell me so every day.  Then I have the bonus of butt scratches, treats, walks & belly rubs.  I remain the humble and grateful dog you raised, Dadthzs.  I guess I'm just feeling extra grateful today & a little nostalgic during the holidays.

Say hi to Santa & I'll write again soon.

Love,
Bruiser


1 comment:

  1. You're such a smart puppy, Bruiser! Work smarter, not harder I always say.
    I'll see what I can do on the Christmas/Birthday List. I saw Santa doing some air traffic pattern work and touch and goes the other night in preparation for his worldwide delivery in just over a week.
    Every day I'm thankful you have such a wonderful place to stay with humans and other doggies that love you and take care of you. I can't wait to see you in January and share stories. Be good buddy! I miss you!

    Love, Dadthzs

    ReplyDelete